Here’s an original painting of a cat—8.5″ x 5.5″ gouache (probably? forgot to ask) on paper—by UK artist (and former Truth or Consequences resident) Peter Bowles.
A recap of what happened:
- artwork is affixed to an acid-free foam core mount with (archival) Yes Paste
- 8-ply mat added around the border, outside the work, to show off those nicely painted edges
- mat is elevated slightly, giving more depth to the whole show
- elevation of mat made possible by 1.25″ deep moulding, recycled from an old frame
- conservation clear glass to prevent color fade down the road